2 fluid ounces simple syrup(recipe below in step 1)
6 fluid ounces fresh lemon juice
3 fluid ounces Absolute vodka
2 fluid ounces triple sec
sugar for the rim of the glass
sliced lemons for garnish
- To make simple syrup combine 3 tablespoons sugar with 1/4 cup water and microwave until the mixture begins to bubble. Remove from the microwave and allow to cool.
- While you wait for the syrup to cool down, moisten the edge of your martini glass with a wedge of lemon and them dip the rim of the glass into the shallow dish filled with sugar.
- Once the syrup is cooled combine it with the lemon juice, vodka and triple sec in a cocktail shaker. Add ice, cover and shake until the shaker is frosty and cold.
- Using the cocktail set strainer pour your drink into a prepared glass.
- Enjoy and of course be sure to drink responsibly!