1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
1 cup raisins
- Move your oven rack to the lower middle position and preheat the oven to 350°. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside
- Blend the apple sauce, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla together in a stand mixer on medium (or use a hand held mixer or a whisk).
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Slowly add the flour mixture to the apple sauce mixture with the stand mixer on low. Turn up to medium and mix until all ingredients are well combined. To this add the oats and mix until well combine.
- Remove from the stand mixer and fold in the raisins.
- Using an ice cream scooper scoop a scooper full of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets. I used just a plain ice cream scoop, but you can use a large spoon. I just wanted each cookie to be rather large.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookie are golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.