3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
2 large eggs yolks
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- Adjust the oven racks to the upper and lower middle positions. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugars in a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed until combined, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla until combined, about 30 seconds, scraping the bowl and beaters as needed.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly mix in the flour mixture until combined, about 30 seconds. Mix in the chips and nuts until incorporated.
- Working with 1/4 cup of dough at a time, roll the dough into balls and lay on parchment-lined baking sheets, spaced about 2 1/2 inches apart. Bake until edges are golden brown, but the centers are still soft and puffy, 17 to 20 minutes, rotating and switching the baking sheets halfway between baking.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then serve warm or transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.