For the Sandwich
2 yellow squash, cleaned and thinly sliced lengthwise
2 zucchini, cleaned and thinly sliced lengthwise
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
focaccia bread, cut
thinly sliced provolone cheese
For the olive topping:
2 large roasted red bell peppers (jarred)
8-10 large pimento stuff green olives, slice
2 pepperocini peppers, seeded and sliced
2 red pepper-dos also seeded and sliced
1/2 (4-ounce) can of sliced black olives
1 tablespoon low fat Italian dressing
- Marinate the sliced yellow squash and zucchini in the oil and vinegar while your grill heats up. I used a George Foreman grill for this recipe, but an outdoor grill or a grill pan would work as well.
- Combine the olive topping ingredients and set them aside
- Cut the bread in half horizontally and then cut per serving size needed for your family.
- Grill the yellow squash and zucchini in batches for 5 minutes a batch.
- Top each sandwich bottom with a slice of cheese, some freshly grilled yellow squash/zucchini, and then some of the olive topping.