1 tablespoon butter
1 shallot, minced
3 pounds frozen peas
2 cups water
4 tablespoons fat free half and half
salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook for about 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the peas and the water, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and cover the pot and allow to cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle the peas and some of the cooking liquid into a food processor or blender. Using caution, process until smooth. Be careful, as the soup will be very hot.
- Strain the soup if you desire ( I did not strain mine), and return the soup to a clean stock pot. Add the fat free half and half, and reheat the soup, but do not allow the soup to boil.
- Serve warm and top with croutons.