4 baking potatoes
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
6 cups 1% milk
1 cup reduced fat extra sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup reduced fat sour cream
8 slices Morning Star Farms Veggie Bacon, cooked until crisp
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork, and bake them for 1 hour until tender. Cool and carefully peel the potatoes. Dispose of the skins and coarsely mash the potatoes flesh. Set aside.
- Place the flour into a large stock pot and gradually add the milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly, but do not allow to come to a full boil. Add the mashed potatoes, 3/4 cup cheese, salt and pepper, stirring until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream. Return to the stove and cook on low until thoroughly heated through, but again do not boil.
- Serve warm and top with equally distributed amounts of the bacon and remaining cheese.
Serves 8: 1 1/2 cup bowls of soup, 1 tablespoon bacon and 1 1/2 teaspoon cheese. 273 calories, 9 grams of fat, and 2 grams of fiber.