4 medium sized baking potatoes, well scrubbed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lb slice white mushrooms
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 ounces soft tofu, mashed
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons Italian panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Prick the potatoes with a fork and bake until soft, about 1 hour. Set aside to cool. Lower the oven temp to 375°.
- Meanwhile warm the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook stirring until softened. Add the soy sauce and continue to sauce until browned. Add the mashed tofu and continue cooking until all the flavored are combined. Set aside.
- Slice off about 1/2 inch from the top of each potato. Scoop the pulp from the tops that your just removed into large bowl and discard the tops. Carefully scoop out the pulp from the bottom parts of the potatoes leaving a 1/4 inch thick shell, and add this pulp the bowl. Add the tofu and mushrooms and mash together.
- Spoon one fourth of the stuffing into each potato shell and arrange on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and the breadcrumbs.
- Bake until the tops are browned, about 3-5 minutes.
Serves 4: 262 calories, 6 grams of fat and 5 grams of fiber