These are a blend of salty sweet trail mix and the traditional Rice Krispie Treat. They are a quick and easy fan favorite with kids and a source of magnesium and vitamins. I created these myself and I love them so much I entered them in the Better Homes and Gardens Mixing Bowl Quick &Easy Outdoor Recipe Contest. The link were you can vote for me is here. Enjoy!
1/4 cup unsalted butter
40 large marshmallows
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup variety of dried tropical fruit(like mango, dates, papaya, pineapple), chopped
1/2 cup dry roasted salted almond, chopped
5 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan or baking dish and set aside
- Mix the dried fruit, almonds and Rice Krispie cereal in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter in a heavy non-stick saucepan over medium heat until melted, but not boiling. Add to the melted butter 40 large marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are completely melted. Add to the marshmallow mixture the sea salt and stir until the salt is completely incorporated.
- Remove the marshmallow mixture from the stove and pour it slowly over the Rice Krispie Cereal mixture. Stir the combined mixture together until the Rice Krispies are completely coated with the marshmallow mixture
- Turn this out into your greased 9x13 pan or baking dish. Allow to cool before cutting into desired shapes.