2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons, unsalted butter, chilled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1 cup heavy cream
- Adjust your oven rack to the lower middle position and preheat the oven to 450°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pulse the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a food processor to combine, about 6 pulses. Scatter the butter over the top and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal with a few slightly larges butter lumps, this should take about 12 pulses.
- Transfer the dough to a large bowl. Stir in the cream with a rubber spatula until the dough begins to form, about 30 seconds.
- Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface and knead until it forms a rough, slightly sticky ball, about 5 to 10 seconds.
- To obtain the proper shape, press the dough into a 9-inch cake pan. Unmold the dough from the cake pan onto the prepared baking sheet and cut the dough into 8 wedges.
- Bake until the scone tops are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.