2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Move one oven rack to the upper middle position and move the other to the lowest position in the oven. Preheat the oven to 450° and cover two baking sheets with heavy duty aluminum foil
- Place your sweet potatoes into a large bowl and mix with olive until well coated. Then spray the sweet potatoes with some cooking spray, about 3 or 4 1-second sprays. The addition of the cooking spray will help your fries achieve that crispy feel with all the fat, but that little bit of olive oil will add flavor and keep the cooking spray from burning the sweet potatoes. The addition of the olive oil does add some fat to the recipe, but it a small amount of a good healthy fat.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and mix very well. Toss this spice/seasoning mixture onto your sweet potatoes and toss to coat.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes on to your two baking sheets, make sure none of them are touching. Place them in the oven at the same time. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove them from the oven. Turn over each fry and swap the baking sheet's position in the oven. Bake for another 10 minutes until the fries are crispy and slightly browned.
- Serve with ranch dressing or spicy catsup. Enjoy!