3/4 cup graham crackers crumbs
1/2 cup ginger snap crumbs
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar, divided
3/4 cup pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
4 egg yolks
1 whole egg
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
3-8 oz packages 1/3 less fat cream cheese
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Move oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 350°. Grease the bottom of your 9 inch springform pan. Check now to be certain that the side latch is firmly in place. Wrap the bottom of your springform pan in aluminum foil if you plan on using a water bath.
- Combine the cracker and cookie crumbs, 2 tablespoons white sugar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and butter together. Mix until well combined. Press firmly and evenly into the prepared springform pan.
- Combine 3/4 cup of white sugar, the pumpkin puree, 3 egg yolks, spices, and salt in a medium bowl. Mix until well combined and set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese with an mixer (stand or hand) until light and fluffy, about 5-10 minutes. With your mixer going, gradually add the additional 1/4 cup of sugar and mix well. Add the whole egg, the remaining egg yolk and the cream one item at a time and beat until well combined. Add the cornstarch, vanilla and lemon extracts and mix well. Last, add in the pumpkin mixture and mix well until completely combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan. If you wish to use a water bath pour some water into a larger baking pan and set your springform pan into that bath of water.
- Bake the cheesecake for 1 hour or until golden brown on top.