1 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Move oven rack to lower middle position. Preheat oven to 375°
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl, set aside for later.
- Cream brown sugar, white sugar and butter together. Add the eggs, one at a time and mix until well combined. Then add the milk, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Coat the semi-sweet chocolate chips in the cinnamon.
- Stir in the oats, and morsels, mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture into a greased 9x13 in baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is a golden brown. The bars will be very gooey until well cooled. So you decide which you think is yummy...gooey or not gooey. I cut early as I enjoy them gooey.