1 3/4 cups self rising flour
1/3 cup unsalted butter or shortening
3/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Cut the butter into the flour using a pastry cutter, two knives or your fingers until the mixture resembles pebbles
- Add the milk and mix together until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
- If you are new to biscuit making, just drop the dough onto a pan and bake. If you want to try and roll out your biscuit go ahead. I roll mine out on a lightly floured surface to about 1/2 inch thick and use a round chopped to cut them out. You can also use a glass to cut them out.
- Place them on a baking sheet and back for 10-12 minutes. If desired melt some butter and bush onto your finished product.