1 cup salsa
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 can of black beans
1 tomatoes, seeded and diced
7 (8 or 10 inch flour tortillas)
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Mix the refried beans with 3/4 cup of the salsa and the garlic powder. Set aside
- Mix the black beans, the remaining salsa and the tomato together. Set aside
- Place 1 tortilla on a baking sheet. Spread 3/4 cup of refried bean mixture over tortilla. Top with 1/4 cup of cheese. Top with 1 tortilla and 2/3 cup of black bean mixture. Top with 1/4 cup of cheese. Repeat layers twice more. Top with remaining tortilla and spread with remaining refried bean mixture and cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes until cheese is browned a bit.
- Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream, guacamole and salsa.