This recipe is adapted from The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook
1 lb angel hair pasta or spaghetti
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 cup vegetable broth
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
10 ounces shitake or white mushrooms sliced (remove stems is using shitake)
1 small head of napa cabbage, slice crosswise 1/4 inch thick
1-5 oz can sliced water chestnuts
1 tablespoon grated ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
- Bring water to a boil, add salt and pasta. Cook pasta until slightly underdone. Drain the noodles, rinse with cold water and transfer to large bowl. Toss with sesame oil and set aside
- In a separate bowl mix together the vegetable broth, soy sauce and oyster sauce and set aside
- Heat the vegetable in a large skillet over medium high heat until shimmering. Add the mushrooms and cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cabbage and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. Add the water chestnuts and cook until heated through. Add the garlic and ginger, cooking until fragrant.
- Mix in the sauce and noodles. Stir until well combined.