6 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 pound spaghetti
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
3/4 teaspoons red pepper flakes
grater Parmesan cheese (for serving(
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large pot for the spaghetti
- Meanwhile cook 3 tablespoons of the oil, 3 tablespoons of the garlic, and the salt in a skillet over low heat stirring often, until the garlic foams and is sticky, about 10 minutes.
- When the water is boiling, stir in 1 tablespoon of salt and the spaghetti. Cook until the pasta is al dente.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain the spaghetti and return it to the warm pot.
- Stir the parsley, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, remaining oil and garlic, and 2 tablespoons of the reserved pasta cooking water into the cooked garlic.
- Stire the garlic mixture into the spaghetti and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the remaining pasta cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce before serving. Top with Parmesan cheese as garnish.