This recipe was created according to the specifications of my pressure cooker. All pressure cookers are different, so please familiarize yourself with yours.
2 cups dry beans, soaked overnight (instructions to follow)
1 3/4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup water
2 tablespoons my versions of The Grit's Vegetarian Gravy
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- To soak the beans: place beans in cooker. Add to beans, enough water to cover, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon of salt. Allow beans to soak overnight. They should be their normal size after the soak. Drain and rinse the beans thoroughly before the next step.
- Place the soaked beans, back into the clean cooker. Add the broth, water, gravy and seasoning to the beans. Place the lid on your cooker, lock it, place the rocker on top.
- Over medium high heat bring your cooker to a nice steady rock. Adjust your heat to maintain the steady rocking for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cooker from the heat and allow the pressure to come down naturally. Please check the instructions on your cooker for the best way to achieve this.
- Serve warm with cornbread or rice.