This recipe is adapted from a basic Quiche Lorraine recipe and can be found in America Test Kitchen's Family Cookbook. I made mine in a regular pie plate as I do not have a quiche dish.
1 (9-inch) pie shell (warmed)
4 ounce goat cheese (the log kind)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 medium leeks, white and light green parts only sliced thinly
5 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and saute the leeks until tender, about 5 minutes. Crumble the goat cheese into the bottom of the warmed pie crust. Add to this the leeks.
- In a bowl with a spout or a large measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, thyme, pepper and salt.
- Place the pie crust containing the goat cheese and leeks into the oven, pull the oven rack out slightly and pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle of the quiche comes out clean. Transfer to a baking rack to continue cooling. Serve warm and enjoy.