1 recipe Enchilada Sauce, you may use a store bought sauce if you so desire
1 can refried beans
1 can black beans, rinsed and dried
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
12 small white corn tortillas (the taco sized ones)
sour cream for topping
- Make the enchilada sauce according to its recipe, but leave it on the stove and keep it warm. If using a store bought sauce, warm the sauce on the stove. Mix together the refried beans and black beans together in a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degress and place a thin layer of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place each tortilla into the warm enchilada sauce until the tortilla is maliable. Place a spoon full of filling into each soaked tortilla, fold it up and place it folded side down in the prepared baking dish. Repeat until all 12 are done. This is a messy recipe so be prepared and have a towel ready or wear gloves. I just make a mess.
- Top the enchiladas with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Cover with alluminum foil and bake for 20-25 mintues.
- Serve with sour cream and enjoy!