8 ounces tempeh, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
4 tablespoon soy sauce, divided
3 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon cracked peppercorn
2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil, divided
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter (I used the natural kind)
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1 teaspoon chili paste
2 cups sliced, seeded, and peeled cucumbers
1/2 cup jarred roasted red bell peppers
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Combine the tempeh, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, fresh ginger and garlic in a bowl and let stand for 30 minutes (use this time to cook your rice if you are serving over rice).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil in a large skillet and add the tempeh. Cook until browned.
- In a separate bowl combine 1/4 cup peanut butter, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, dry sherry, 1 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, and chili paste. Whisk until smooth and set aside while tempeh cooks.
- Place the cucumbers and roasted red peppers on the serving plate. Top with the warm tempeh. Drizzle the sauce over the tempeh and sprinkle with chipped peanuts.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Serves 4(calories do not include rice or noodles): 349 calories, 24 grams of fat, 8 grams of fiber