2 cups zucchini, shredded and slightly drained
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling, but puree)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon black strap molasses
1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Move your oven rack to the lower middle position, and preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a loaf pan and set it aside.
- Grate the zucchini and set it aside in a stainer in the sink to allow some of the access water to drain off.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, salt, and cinnamon. Add the zucchini and set aside.
- Mix together with a hand-held mixer or in a stand mixer the pumpkin puree, the sugars, eggs, and molasses.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the pumpkin puree mixture. Mix on low speed until well combined.
- Fold in the walnut.
- Bake for 1 hour.