1 can of black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can kidney beans
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons taco seasoning1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons sugar
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
8-10 soft white corn tortillas
- Move oven rack to the lower middle position and preheat the oven to 400°.
- Mix together the beans, corn, diced tomatoes, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, and 2 tablespoons taco seasoning in a medium size bowl. Set aside for later.
- Heat the oil on the stove in a large skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion powder, salt, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and sauce and cook until fragrant. Slowly stir in the tomato sauce and water. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Lightly cover the bottom of a 13x9 in baking dish with some of the sauce. Dip each tortilla into the sauce for about 30 seconds. Working with one tortilla at a time, lay the tortilla into the baking dish(or one top of the completed enchiladas as you proceed), fill it with about 1/4 cup of your filling, roll it up and place it fold side down in the baking dish. Continue until baking dish is filled.
- Pour remaining sauce over the rolled up enchiladas, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is melted.