3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons butter melted
3 teaspoons ready to use garlic (like from the jar)
- Move oven rack to the upper middle position. Preheat the oven to 450° and cover 2 cookies sheets with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- Toss the potatoes in a large boil with the oil and kosher salt until well coated. Lay the fries in a single layer on the cookie sheets.
- Bake the fries for 20 minutes switch the cookie sheets' positions half way through so the each cookie sheets' fries get equal time on the top and bottom of the oven.
- If you desire some extra browning or crispness put each cookie sheet of fries under the broiler for about 2 minutes.
- While the fries are cooking, melt the butter in the microwave and mix well with the garlic. Turn the fries out into the same bowl you used to coat them with olive oil. Carefully toss them with the garlic mixture.