1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
1 14.5oz can of diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon tomato paste
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vodka
1/2 cups heavy cream
1 lb penne or rigatoni pasta
grated Parmesan for serving
- Measure out your vodka so that you have it at the ready.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion powder and the tomato paste, cook until well combined. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until the garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes and the salt. Remove the pan from the heat and add the vodka. Return to the heat and bring to a slow simmer and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking start you pasta and cooking according to package directions or your personal taste. Drain the pasta well, but keep it warm until your sauce is done.
- Once the sauce has thicken remove it from the heat and add the heavy cream, stirring until well incorporated.
- If desired add the pasta to the sauce to mix before serving.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese before serving.